The Benefits of Volunteering
with Citizens Advice South Essex.
Our volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds, including young people, professionals who want to broaden their horizons and retired people who want to give something back – and we offer a range of support services to meet the needs of our disabled volunteers. Our commitment to valuing diversity and promoting equality means we can encourage individuals who might not otherwise volunteer. Citizens Advice volunteering provides individuals with an opportunity they might not otherwise have had to develop their personal skills and abilities.
Below are some of the reasons our volunteers choose to give their time. This can be to:
- Give something back when we have directly impacted on their lives.
- Make a difference to the lives of others.
- Feel validated and part of a team
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
For some – volunteering with Citizens Advice South Essex can be a route into employment, or an opportunity to try something different. Citizens Advice South Essex volunteering can be a good way of:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing your CV
- Improving you employment prospects
For some of our other volunteers, volunteering appeals because of its social benefits. These include:
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
All volunteers are fully supported and supervised throughout their involvement with Citizens Advice. There will be a paid member of staff that you can turn to for extra support if you feel you need it.
We make sure that you are not put in situations that are beyond your abilities, and will work with you to help ensure that you find volunteering with us both challenging and rewarding.